CAS International Human Resource Management
- ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften - School of Management and Law
- City, country:
- Winterthur, Zurich area, Switzerland
- CAS (Certificate of Advanced Studies)
- 14 Tag(e)
Target audience and objectives
- HR managers working in an international business environment
- Local country HR managers of international companies
- Global mobility specialists
This CAS program will enable participants to
- contribute to the development and implementation of their organization's international corporate strategy
- develop, implement, and maintain effective human resource policies and practices in a multicultural business environment
- manage the international HR function more efficiently
- work with and manage people from different cultures more effectively
- test their own intercultural competence in a real-life setting
- Introduction to international HR management
- Corporate strategy and culture
- Cultural diversity
- International labor regulations
- Institutional factors
- Integrative session: Doing business in India / the Middle East / Russia
Module 2: Applying HR Systems
- The global HR function
- Business ethics and corporate responsibility
- Global staffing and people development
- Global performance management and compensation
- Managing global mobility
- Presentation of country workbooks
You should be experienced in one or more aspects of Human Resource Management. Course language is English. Please include a current CV in your online-application.
Costs: CHF 6,900.00
Comment on costs:
Courseware, set books and examination fees (excl. reexamination fees) are included in the course costs. The total course costs are due within 30 days. All scripts will be available electronically.
Classes consist of lectures by instructors and industry guest speakers, exercises, discussions, work on practical cases, class presentations, and experience-sharing sessions. In addition, participants study the relevant literature to consolidate their knowledge of the issues covered in the classroom as well as preparing for their performance records.
Part-time. One day per week over a period of about 4 months.
Our university is one of the leading universities of applied sciences in Switzerland. In our work in research and development, the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences concentrates on important societal challenges, with a particular focus on energy and social integration. With locations in Winterthur, Zurich and Wädenswil, the ZHAW is firmly integrated in the local region whilst also collaborating with international partners. There are eight Schools in the University: Applied Linguistics; Applied Psychology; Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering; Engineering; Health Professions; Life Sciences and Facility Management; Management and Law; and Social Work.
The ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML) is one of Switzerland’s leading business schools. Our internationally acclaimed BSc and MSc programs as well as our range of continuing education programs are scientifically grounded, interdisciplinary, and practically oriented. As part of a university of applied sciences, we are devoted to the applicability of theoretical knowledge. Our research and consulting activities are theoretically sound and have practical value, focusing on immediate, efficient feasibility. Our main principle “Building Competence. Crossing Borders.” reflects our commitment to quality degree programs and further education, as well as a global mindset. The SML has formal partnerships with over 150 universities worldwide.